Monday 22 February 2016

Top Ten Tinder 'oh no, he didn'ts'

After a brief foray back in to the ridiculous world of online dating, I felt that I wanted to write a post with a different flavour than my usual ones. It is quite possible I have had the worst luck over the last nine months with internet dating. I seem to be a total pillock magnet (Me? Bitter? Never!). Also, as a woman living with a life threatening disease which has irreversibly altered my body, I get to experience pillocks of the extra special variety.

Oh yes, the right man may come along one day and change my mind - blah, blah -but until then I reserve the right to be completely sceptical abut online dating.

I'm not the only one. The following post has been compiled using not just my own opinions, but those of many other single ladies I've spoken to.

Don't get annoyed, lads. Just a bit of friendly advice. After all, it's all about the bantz, innit? YOLO. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or something.  


Top Ten Tinder No No's (for men) 

1.    Kids 
 
Including multiple pictures of your children on your Tinder profile is a massive no-no. You may be proud of the fact you have managed to pass your genes on to the future generation, however this is a dating site, not a photo shoot for your family Christmas card.


2. Men with fish

We're not sure when or how the current epidemic of men holding fish photos started, but our desire to go out on a date with you will not be affected in the slightest by your ability to catch something for our dinner (even though you’ve probably nipped to Tesco and got your mate to take a photo in front of your garden pond). Give us a good old chippy any day of the week. 


3. Multiple drunk / fancy dress photos

Let’s face it -anyone who is anyone likes a good old dress up once in a while. And a beer or two. But if your entire dating profile consists of you in varying themes of fancy dress outfits and / or repeated photos of you looking slightly worse for wear, this doesn't make you look like a 'fun guy'. It makes you look like a bit of a fool who hasn't quite grown up yet. We're looking for a date, not a babysitting job.



4. Men with cars/bikes

Again, you may be proud of your machine, but for the majority of women, the type of car you drive will have no bearing on whether we want to date you or not. Unless, or course, you are Marty McFly. 


5. Photos with loads of mates

Ah, the ‘here is me with twenty mates’ photo. When deciding whether to swipe right or not, knowing which one of the llikely lads you actually are helps. We’re after a date, not playing a Spot the Ball competition. 


6.Gym mirror selfies / topless selfies

It’s very laudable that you work out and how sweet you are to show us your gainz, but the cloud of testosterone wafting from these photos makes our eyes hurt. Try leaving a little to the imagination, lads. If we want tickets to the gun show, we’ll ask for them. 


7. Photos with women

Whether it’s your sister/best mate/ mum or auntie’s sister’s boss, photos of you with other women on your dating profile is a no. We don’t want to be wondering who that woman is you have your arm draped around before we go on a date with you. Save that for when we’ve got access to your Facebook profile.

Oh – and you might think that photos of yourself surrounded by PR models makes you look desirable, but really, wearing women like accessories in your pictures actually makes you look like a bit of a creep. 



8. Wedding photos

We’re not sure why men include photos of themselves on their wedding day on their Tinder profile. It smacks of one of three possible scenarios – 1. You are desperate to show that one day, once upon a time, someone wanted you. 2. You and your wife are looking for a third wheel to spice up your sex life or 3. Your mates have put you on Tinder for a laugh. Whichever one is true, for the majority of women it’s going to guarantee you a big swipe 
left.



9. Quotations / memes

You may think that filling your profile with photos of inspirational quotes instead of actual photos of yourself will make us believe you is all deep and shiz innit, but mainly it just makes you look like you have something to hide.

And the sexist jokes and comments about how mean women are because they never go for the ‘nice guy’? They make us want to stay in and pull our leg hairs out individually with a pair of tweezers, rather than go on a date with you. 


10. No photos

Next time you want to have a productive conversation with someone, try sitting on the other side of a door whilst doing it. Don’t think that would work that well? Same goes in an online situation. If we have no idea who we are talking to, we are not going to feel comfortable engaging in a conversation with you. It also smacks of someone who has something to hide – normally or wife or girlfriend. So, unless you actually look like a white silhouette of Tin Tin or you’re the invisible man, having a photo on your profile is a definite advantage when trying to get women to speak to you.


8 comments:

  1. I’m giving a testimony about Dr. KOKOBI the great Herbalist, he has the
    cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  breast cancer, though I
    went through different website I saw different testimonies about
    different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: ‘Many people have
    the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
    it, then I decided to contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
    much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
    some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
    (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
    he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
    will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
    and I went for check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
    tested breast cancer negative, if you are breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me
    a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
    sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
    I referenced you.. contact him via: kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com or whatsapp +254746618873
    You can also message for more info @ clara.albert@usa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
      HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
      searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
      Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
      Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
      been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
      listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
      him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
      it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
      my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
      you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
      and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
      problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
      or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can't
      cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful
      work natural herbs have done in people's lives. i read a lot of people's
      testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HIV, Diabetics,
      Lymphoma, Fibroid, Cancer etc by Dr. VOODOO herbal medicine, so i decided
      to contact the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal anything.
      I was diagnosed with HIV for the past 7 years but Dr. VOODOO cured me with
      his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because
      they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were
      cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no
      harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster, he cast spell to restore
      broken marriages and he cast good luck spells to prosper and excel in life.
      Contact Dr. VOODOO on: /WhatsApp no:or call him +2348140120719 OR email him
      at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. TESTIMONY ON HOW I CURED MY CANCER! . All thanks too @dr_adazal6Hey! I can,t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all cancer patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for lung cancer or any cancer,i saw people testimony on blog sites of how @dr_adazal6  Simpson cannabis oil brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can’t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the drugs the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that for months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any cancer system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine Man Dr adazal Simpson. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for cancer that is Not true, just contact him and get cannabis oil from dr.adazal  Simpson to cure your cancer and you will be free and free for ever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try. There is no harm in trying. Remember, delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his com Contact him and be free from cancer! I wish you a quick recovery WhatsApp number+. +2348073688335  or email via dr.adazalherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I want to complement this page administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine from DR. ISHIAKU the greatest herbalist doctor in the world and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr ISHIAKU .. I have read about Dr ISHIAKU the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Cancer, Also, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Hpv, Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine through DHL courier delivery company which i took for 10 days and today when i went for test i was tested herpes negative. you can reach him through his email (ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com) or WhatsApp him at +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Anuge who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Anuge, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr anuge cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Anuge healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    and mare that are not mentioned here He also cured my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him through his Email address : dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +234816466838 

    ReplyDelete